I’ve decided to add one additional monthly email and want it to be more of a personal note than my newsletter that I send out mid-month.
When talking with a close friend of mine about this, he said, “why not tell people about what God’s been doing in your life since you last emailed.” I hesitated for a moment not wanting to be “preachy” in any way, but decided to go with it.
Most recently, in quick rapid succession, three opportunities have crossed my desk recently that forced me to say, “o.k. God, I’m listening.”
- My own church has asked me to lead the effort to help people identify and put to use their God given gifts, talents, strengths and passions.
- I got a call out of the blue from an organization I met with months ago about some coaching and they asked me to conduct a workshop on discovering your strengths and to use StrengthFinders 2.0.
- I recently volunteered to coach returning Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans to help them reenter civilian life and find a job. Today, I was matched with a returning special forces officer who wants to figure out how to use his strengths he honed in the military for the civilian job market.
These are indications for me to put a greater emphasis on helping friends, colleagues and clients with their strengths and putting them to work in their lives.
To begin with, I’ve started updating my new client packet to emphasize strengths with each new client and I’ll be hosting a “Discover Your Strengths” webinar this summer (stay tuned for details).
I also thought I’d turn to you and ask…
- What strength, gift, talent continually shows in your work?
- Start noticing how this shows up each day in how you lead
I’d love to hear what you discover about yourself through this work. Post a comment here to share your story.